Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 18: A time when you felt passionate and alive

   I'd have to say I really felt that way tonight when we came home from the Concerto Concert from Bay Youth Orchestra. The concerto soloists were Eliza Willett, violin, with Concert, Stephen Tang, violin, with Symphony, and the famous, Annika Jenkins, violin, with Symphony. Since I love violin and am very passionate about it, hearing these amazing players inspired me and I would very much like to win a Concerto Competition one day........starting by making it to Concert this coming school year.

Annika Jenkins is one who really inspires me and stands out above the violinists. She drives up to New York to Julliard every Friday for lessons and plays at famous halls there. She composes her own pieces and plays incredibly good. And she's only in eleventh grade! She is definitely a role model musician for me and hearing her play.......in person is a time I feel very passionate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing what you think about my posts (no matter how old), and I always veiw them before posting, so please feel free to comment! :) ~Rachel