Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Narnia



I have A LOT of favorite movies, but one of the tops is definitely Narnia. I love movies with a lot of action and drama and excitement, but one of the main reasons I like this particular series, is that it is based off of the story of Christ in so many ways. C.S Lewis, the author of the Chronicles of Narnia series actually was converted to Christianity with the help of J.R.R. Tolkien (the author of Lord of the Rings). They both put Biblical truths and stories in their works (although, in Lord of the Rings, it's a bit harder to see.) So why did these two friends use myths and magic to portray the story of Christ? Both believed that, through myth and legend (which many people used for centuries to get out their deepest thoughts) the Bible's "True Myth" could be "smuggled" past the barriers of secularized readers........(now watchers.) 
I think it's just so incredibly interesting to watch the movies and depict who everyone relates to and what stories and messages are in there. So, if you haven't seen the movies, I highly recommend them. They are 
WONDERFUL movies. 
God's the LION and the Lamb!

I LOVE this picture because it really shows us that God really is right here beside us like Aslan is to Susan.
Another amazing demonstration of His love for us.
A demonstration of how Satan can use what we like to tempt  and lure us into his traps.
Faith like a child....................
Aslan has got to be one of my favorite characters. He is so Majestic, yet so Gentle.
Just like God...................

One of my favorite parts about Narnia is, believe it or not........the music!!  I think the composers and musicians really hit it with this one because EVERYONE I talk to loves this music. I know I do, because I have the soundtracks for the first two, but the song I like the best out of all is "The Battle." It's incredible! I think you will really enjoy it too! And don't forget to check out the movies......and try to see all the comparisons with that and the Bible! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing what you think about my posts (no matter how old), and I always veiw them before posting, so please feel free to comment! :) ~Rachel