Wednesday, December 5, 2012

About my Blog

Hello Readers! First I would like to thank Jesus Christ for making this new blog possible. Let me tell you a little about the title. Wild about Worship. Obviously my favorite thing to do is worship the Lord with my instruments and voice. That is my way of feeling really close to Him and that is the way he speaks to me. At the age of six (or maybe earlier!) my great passion for music began. All I remember doing is popping a CD in, grabbing my hairbrush microphone, and dancing around, singing for the Lord! My friend and I wanted  to grow up, and be Christian Rock Stars, believe it or not! I begged my mom to play guitar, but someone gave us a piece of advice that I'm so glad I took! To play piano first. At seven, I began piano lessons.......and fell in love with it! I began learning worship chords early on and the very first song I learned was "Be Glorified." I have been playing both classical piano and worship piano since then. That's six years. Then I began singing and playing keyboard on two of my church's worship team and still do on one. I also play violin on it as well. I began playing about a year and a half ago after begging my dad, (the answer was constantly "No, you already play an instrument!") But I begged God to change his heart and he answered "Yes!" God has now blessed me with playing with Bay Youth Orchestras of Virginia. Because of all that training, I am now able to teach myself worship guitar. Isn't God so WONDERFUL! I hope this encourages you all to worship the Lord with ALL you have!

                                                                 Psalm 150
                                                            Praise the Lord!

                                                   Praise God in His Sanctuary
                                                Praise Him in His mighty firmament!

                                                 Praise Him for His mighty acts;
                                      Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!

                                          Praise Him with sound of the trumpet;
                                          Praise Him with the lute and the harp!
                                          Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
                                          Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
                                          Praise Him with loud cymbals;
                                          Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

                                      Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

                                                           Praise the Lord!!

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea for a blog. I love it!

    Looking forward to reading further posts. :) May He be glorified forever and always. His name is to be praised.

    God Bless,

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing what you think about my posts (no matter how old), and I always veiw them before posting, so please feel free to comment! :) ~Rachel